One of our most loyal readers took the time to write and ask about a prediction for Tuesday’s election. I don’t think about it much, except for how I already feel given the process of either being elected?
The Friday night predictions that we do for area football is very popular.
In fact, over the course of this football season it’s averaged about 70,000 hits per week…from Miami, Shelby, Auglaize, Mercer, Darke, and Montgomery counties, principally. We’re very proud of that, and pleased that you’ve been entertained.
So it really came as no surprise that everyday reader “Joe B”, from Florida, would write to us this week and ask about our prediction about the election on Tuesday. At 84 it’s just a good giggle for him…something, he says, to share at shuffleboard. God forbid!
But apparently God won’t forbid. It’s gonna’ happen.
I frankly have little enthusiasm for this election. I’m resigned to the outcome and its future impact…and lament that for the first time in my life I really have no faith in either candidate, and I’m being honest. My gut instinct is that nothing much is gonna’ improve.
I surely cannot vote for Hillary Clinton. I know too much about the Clinton political machine and the legacy of corruption. We all do.
I struggle with Donald Trump, as well. That coming from a life-long conservative voter. His redeeming attribute is he knows how to make money; and this country badly needs new money in the form of new business creation, business expansion, and income to pay for the endless stream of entitlements to which we’ve all become dependent. We actually need “more” millionaires and the hope that more people can achieve such wealth and liberating independence.
When “Joe B” writes and asks…I’m more open to consider my own life, how it’s changed already, and my future regardless of who wins the White House. I share the sentiments of many of you – of those who have shared – that people are scared of real change so they’ll continue vote status quo, what’s comfortable. Nothing is too bad or offensive for Americans anymore. And, that if a candidate wants it bad enough they’ll find a way to get elected, regardless of voters.
So here’s my view, the state of my union, and that of many others… regardless of who wins. I wish this was funnier, Joe.
* For years I’ve thought of myself as a moral conservative, but by today’s standards that makes me a fascist.
* I’m a Christian, which according to the growing non-Christian world makes me an infidel. You know what they do with infidels, don’t you?
* I believe in the 2nd Amendment, which among my non-shooting relationships makes me part of the vast gun lobby – a potential killer.
* I think, and I question things, and because of that I don’t believe much of what the main stream media tells me. That makes me a reactionary.
* I value my safety and the safety of my family. I appreciate law enforcement and authority. Therefore I’m a right-wing extremist.
* I believe in hard work, saving, and investment…being paid according to one’s individual work ethic. That makes me an anti-socialist.
* I don’t believe in the $15 dollar minimum wage; because I don’t want to pay $10 for a cheeseburger.
* I deplore the mainstream entertainment world because of issues of vulgarity and violence. Therefore, my sense of character and appreciation for decency is rebuked.
* I believe in defense, and protection of the nation and its borders, which makes me a Tea Party radical.
* I’m wary of those who vow to kill Americans because we differ in ideology. Therefore, I’m a refugee-phobe?
* I believe that we can’t afford another million refugees, financially, so of course…I’m selfish and contrary to the teachings of the Bible.
* And if this isn’t enough to deal with, I no longer know which public restroom is the right one for me.
So Joe, do you still want a prediction? And tell me truthfully…are you still being entertained?